Partition across different data source types

Is it possible to use the Partitioned across many files/sources? table property to include for the same AppSheet table both a spreadsheet data source and a cloud database data source? I tried that, and promptly encountered an error that my app couldn't be loaded.

The video at Scale using data partitions explicitly mentions support for partitions across distinct spreadsheet sources (e.g., Google and Excel) for a single table, but I don't find any info in AppSheet Help or the community regarding combining a spreadsheet data source and a cloud database data source.

0 3 129
3 REPLIES 3

I'm actually not sure that you can do it with databases.
I think this was made specifically for those that cannot use a database but encounter problems in performance since you can't index a worksheet

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@dbaum wrote:

Is it possible to use the Partitioned across many files/sources? table property to include for the same AppSheet table both a spreadsheet data source and a cloud database data source?

I doubt it.

My impression is partitioning is there to help with large-scale spreadsheet-based apps.

Thanks. I was hoping to leverage this technique to gradually transition an app's distinct customers from spreadsheet to database as well as measure performance differences. I could even envision leaving some customers on spreadsheet and charging a premium for increased data storage and (I hope!) performance of database.

Top Labels in this Space