Passing item ID value from detail page to form view

Hi all,

In the app I got a list of several locations. These are listed in the deck view. After clicking any item - detail (card) page is opened with all available informations.
I attached 2 CTA's to the card view:
1. Reserve
2. Report
For both CTA I want to have a set of actions being executed. One that will change the value of status - handled properly and working like a charm. 
Second - which opens the form view where I'd like to ad 1 - make a reservation, ad 2 - report the spot for any given reason.
When opening the form I have a reference for ID field but instead of this value being passed from details view of selected spot I have a modal menu with all spots listed where I need to select the desired one once again. 
Looking for a hint on how to set up a rule, formula or anything that will allow me passing the ID value from detail page to the form as preselected (visible but not editable). All ideas truly appreciated

Solved Solved
0 3 190
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is a LINKTOFORM() function that allows you to specify the fields and values to pre-populate with.  You would use this function as the Target in an action of type "go to another view in this app".  See article link below for more details.

CAUTION:  if you are using a Group action,  The navigation to a view MUST be the last action in the Group.

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2357261-linktoform

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I assume that ROW KEY should contain the expression that would allow for this but have no idea how to get into this.
Tried getting the ID value from previous view by using LINKTOROW() function but got an error
"The expression is valid but its result type 'App' is not one of the expected types: Number".
Is there any proper way of passing the ID value from detail view to form?

There is a LINKTOFORM() function that allows you to specify the fields and values to pre-populate with.  You would use this function as the Target in an action of type "go to another view in this app".  See article link below for more details.

CAUTION:  if you are using a Group action,  The navigation to a view MUST be the last action in the Group.

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2357261-linktoform

Much thanks @WillowMobileSys. I wasn't sure how to use it first but got the idea. What's most important - it works ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for the navigation tip. Possibly that was one of my tries when it did not work but then I haven't figured it out.

Top Labels in this Space