Performing an Action to show distinct values

Is there any action to help to show distinct value in the column?

For example, with table 1, I want to have an action to remove duplicates and only show distinct Product Name on table 2.

Is there a way to perform such task? Urgent help needed.

0 3 595
3 REPLIES 3

Could you make your requirement more clear? Do you want to just โ€œShowโ€ unique values or delete the duplicates? Also which table and what type of view you want to show unique values? If there are 10 rows for a particular product in Table 1, which row out of those 10 you wish to retain? Any random or specific row.

Anyway, based on your description so far , you may wish to evaluate โ€œgroup byโ€ feature of summary views.

Thank you for replying.
I am actually shaping my app for stocktake process. The staff will go around the store to scan for product barcode and count the quantity. However, each product will be placed at multiple locations.
Currently, I have a โ€œItem Master Listโ€ table (containing the balanced stock and information of the items), โ€œStocktake Itemsโ€ table and โ€œDistinct Stocktake Itemโ€ table.

I am planning to create a form from the โ€œStocktake Itemsโ€ table for staff to go to multiple locations to count items.
For the โ€œDistinct Stocktake Itemโ€ table, I want to have an action to retrieve those โ€œdistinctโ€ item description which appear in the โ€œStocktake Itemsโ€ table. โ€œDistinctโ€ means that I only want to show the item description once if the same item description appears many times in the โ€œStocktake Itemsโ€ table.

Okay, thank you for your response. With your newly shared details, I believe the question tends more towards an app design aspect rather than a specific feature or expression query that the community is more suitable for. So it will be incorrect to suggest without knowing full details of your app requirements.

The below suggestion is with total disclaimer that it is based on just the information shared and please evaluate it fully at your end before proceeding or implementing. Also we may not continue this post thread further for design approach queries.

Anyway you may wish to consider having the table โ€œStocktake Itemsโ€ as child table of โ€œItems Master Listโ€ table. After that โ€œStockTake Distinctโ€ could be removed because its columns are same as โ€œItems Master Listโ€ just by adding โ€œTotal Counted Quantityโ€ column. This newly added column โ€œTotal Counted Quantityโ€ in โ€œItems Master Listโ€ can be aggregted suitably from the child โ€œStockTake Distinctโ€ table by using reference actions.

Top Labels in this Space