Periodically Delete Row

kchatr

Is there a way to automatically perform an action that deletes a row at a specific time, or any other means to periodically delete a row satisfying some criteria?

I have an ordering app for businesses and all orders should be deleted by midnight of that day. If anyone has any tips or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated as workflows and reports don’t have the functionality I need.

0 6 500
6 REPLIES 6

Create a Report with the schedule you require. In the Action 1 section choose “Change Data” and pick “Delete”. You’ll put the rule which decides which row to delete in “Condition”

Thanks for your reply. I’ve looked at reports, but there isn’t a change data option - that’s only for workflows.

So you need to choose the option of “ForEachrowInTable”. Sorry assumed you’d be doing that. Then “Change Data” shows up.

kchatr

Thank you so much! I set up my record, but it isn’t working, at all.
I’ve tried syncing my app, deleting previous offers, but the record doesn’t delete the offer at the intended time. Not too sure what the issue is though.

Hi @kchatr

One way to do this could be create a view of the orders for today with the condition [Order date]=today()
Then will only see the orders of the current day, but you still have the other orders in case you need them to analize data or check any details

Does this solution suite you?

kchatr

It would be preferable if the order was deleted as it would make things much smoother and require less modification to the existing structure @Guillermo

Top Labels in this Space