Personalized SMS Text To Multiple Phone Numbers

I haven't found a way to make this work, if it's possible.  Could someone please advise?

I send out a text to all new crew members added to a job, but I'd like to personalize the text message with the receiver's name, if possible.  

Thanks

Phone Numbers SELECT: 

SELECT(CSI Employees[Main Phone], CONTAINS(
[_THISROW].[New Crew], [Employee ID]))

Current Text Message Body:

You've been assigned as crew to Ticket #<<[Ticket Number]>>.
Date: <<[Ticket ID].[Ticket Date]>>
Customer: <<[Ticket ID].[Customer]>>
Job Details: <<[Ticket ID].[Job]>>
Work Location: <<[Ticket ID].[Work Location]>>
Type of Ticket: <<[Ticket ID].[Type of Ticket]>>

I'd like it to say something like:   

<<LOOKUP("Main Phone", "CSI Employees", "Main Phone", "First Name")>>,

You've been assigned as crew to Ticket #<<[Ticket Number]>>.
Date: <<[Ticket ID].[Ticket Date]>>
Customer: <<[Ticket ID].[Customer]>>
Job Details: <<[Ticket ID].[Job]>>
Work Location: <<[Ticket ID].[Work Location]>>
Type of Ticket: <<[Ticket ID].[Type of Ticket]>>

Solved Solved
0 3 210
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you have an automation task configured to send the same message simultaneously to multiple numbers, I believe that you cannot customize the message dynamically for each number. Maybe there's some backdoor way to reference the current number in a template variable; you could poke around in the automation monitor or audit logs for anything that resembles a schema dereference (e.g., [Send an SMS task].[To]).

Presumably you could at least include all the names in every message. For example:

SELECT(CSI Employees[First Name], CONTAINS([_THISROW].[New Crew], [Employee ID]))

// or, maybe use IN instead of CONTAINS

SELECT(CSI Employees[First Name], IN([Employee ID], [_THISROW].[New Crew]))

// or, if the New Crew column is a list of key values from the CSI Employees table, maybe use a list dereference

[New Crew][First Name]

If you include a list of names, you may want to use a different delimiter than the default.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You'd have to send separate text messages to each person. As in separate actions or bots or tasks.

If you have an automation task configured to send the same message simultaneously to multiple numbers, I believe that you cannot customize the message dynamically for each number. Maybe there's some backdoor way to reference the current number in a template variable; you could poke around in the automation monitor or audit logs for anything that resembles a schema dereference (e.g., [Send an SMS task].[To]).

Presumably you could at least include all the names in every message. For example:

SELECT(CSI Employees[First Name], CONTAINS([_THISROW].[New Crew], [Employee ID]))

// or, maybe use IN instead of CONTAINS

SELECT(CSI Employees[First Name], IN([Employee ID], [_THISROW].[New Crew]))

// or, if the New Crew column is a list of key values from the CSI Employees table, maybe use a list dereference

[New Crew][First Name]

If you include a list of names, you may want to use a different delimiter than the default.

Thanks, dbaum!  I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.  Those are great ideas.  I'll see what I can find.

Top Labels in this Space