Personalized email body

ScreenShot.pngSo, for an automated scheduled email,

adressed to Employee{email],

is it possible to Personalize email Body so each recipient would recieve email body with its own first name.

attempts to use <<employee[email]>> in the email body section resulted with an email containing all recepients first name.

should i use select()? is there a recommended way to implement?

though it seems like a minor thing to implement I went through all relevant documantaion in search for a guidence but with no seccess, any thoughts?!? 

Solved Solved
0 4 130
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@DG2B wrote:

So, for an automated scheduled email,

Please try the option "Each row in the table"

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1667215834430.png

The above option will generate a separate email for each record. You can also use a FILTER() expression in the above pane to select a few rows of your employee table.

In your "To" setting you could simply add [Email] as well as in email body, you can write [Email]

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@DG2B wrote:

So, for an automated scheduled email,

Please try the option "Each row in the table"

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1667215834430.png

The above option will generate a separate email for each record. You can also use a FILTER() expression in the above pane to select a few rows of your employee table.

In your "To" setting you could simply add [Email] as well as in email body, you can write [Email]

Thanks, 
allow me to ask another question based on your suggestion please,
if the "SEND DAILY EMAIL TO USERS"  tasks is followed to "CREATE FILE TO SEND" task, than trying to impement by using "for each row" would result with creating a file for each row while i need the same pre created file to be sent to all users in table.

my thought is to split bot into 2 bots, one creating the file and  triggering the send email bot with for each row enabled
does that makes any sense?

Is " Create File" step's contents identical for all users or different for each user? Will you be able to share how you have created that content? I mean not the exact content if it is confidential but template in terms of expressions etc. Also are you saving those individual files in Google drive or any cloud storage? May we know any such specific concern you have  for creating multiple files?

file content is identical'
file was created using castum template with <<expretions>> using a different table from the [employee] table
file (daily schedule) is created with data from [task] table and saved to google drive

i have no specific concern for multiple files other than storage and filing concidurations

Top Labels in this Space