Please help me simplify this expression and it currently isnt returning my data....?

I need help simplifying this expression.  It also currently does not give me any data?

SUM(SELECT(1st_9_weeks[D1], [Key]=[_THISROW].[Key]))
+SUM(SELECT(1st_9_weeks[D2], [Key]=[_THISROW].[Key]))
+SUM(SELECT(1st_9_weeks[D3], [Key]=[_THISROW].[Key]))
+SUM(SELECT(1st_9_weeks[D4], [Key]=[_THISROW].[Key]))
+SUM(SELECT(1st_9_weeks[D5], [Key]=[_THISROW].[Key]))
+SUM(SELECT(1st_9_weeks[D6], [Key]=[_THISROW].[Key]))
+SUM(SELECT(1st_9_weeks[D7], [Key]=[_THISROW].[Key]))
+SUM(SELECT(1st_9_weeks[D8], [Key]=[_THISROW].[Key]))
+SUM(SELECT(1st_9_weeks[D9], [Key]=[_THISROW].[Key]))
+SUM(SELECT(1st_9_weeks[D10], [Key]=[_THISROW].[Key]))
+SUM(SELECT(1st_9_weeks[D11], [Key]=[_THISROW].[Key]))
+SUM(SELECT(1st_9_weeks[D12], [Key]=[_THISROW].[Key]))
+SUM(SELECT(1st_9_weeks[D13], [Key]=[_THISROW].[Key]))
+SUM(SELECT(1st_9_weeks[D14], [Key]=[_THISROW].[Key]))

0 4 105
4 REPLIES 4

I would recommend adding a normal column, maybe called "Aggregate" in the "1st_9_weeks" table with an App Formula of:

[D1] + [D2] + [D3] + [D4]+...+[D14]

Then you can simplify the SUM expression to:

SUM(SELECT(1st_9_weeks[Aggregate], [Key]=[_THISROW].[Key]))

As to why you are not currently seeing a value is not clear.  The expression seem to be okay...as far as we can guess.  It seems  any issue would be related to data - maybe an invalid number in one of the columns? 

so here is my current table.  I am unsure how to get daily grades (D1, D2, etc...) without entering them as columns?:

Tiger1_0-1665176658792.png

Do you expect to ever only have 14 days of scorec to manage for each student?  If so then this structure, will not ideal, will work.

I then assume that your expression is intended to calculate the "Total Daily" value in your column.  If so then you should update that columns App formula to the expression I mentioned above:

[D1] + [D2] + [D3] + [D4]+...+[D14]

If you need to manage more daily scores for each student, the structure should be broken into 2 tables: 

• Student Summary - Parent
  • Student Daily - Child

As a result, there would be a single row for each student for each day.  Then you can calculate the aggregate values using the resulting "Related" columns that comes with the Parent/Child structure.

i do recognize that for a teacher it would be tedious to have to go to each student's record to add and enter their daily score.  To help with this I would provide to the teacher a feature that allows entering all of the student daily scores (child rows for the day) in a single view.

Ok.  Wow.  I just saw this.  Thank you very much.  I am going to try this...

Top Labels in this Space