Please help me with this logic : [Inspection], [Inspection Item], [Inspection Item's Type]

Hi everyone, 

Sorry if my english is not as good firstly

I am an inspector. I am using Appsheet to help me with the job.

I inspect many items, and each items have different aspects to inspect with. For example:

- Yesterday : I inspected a Chair, I need to take photo and inspect the Chair's Length, Chair's Width, Chair's Height 1, Chair's Height 2

- Today, I will inspect a bag : I will need to inspect the Bag's color, Bag's weight, Bag's Hang Tag

From what mentioned above, what I want is in the future, every time I create an inspection section in appsheet, it'll automatically choose the item's spec as same as the latest item's that I inspected. For example, after inspecting the bag, tomorrow I will inspect a chair again, then it will automatically choose (initial value) as below order : Chair's Length, Chair's Width, Chair's Height 1, Chair's Height 2 --> This way I sometimes do not need to think again what I need to inspect and take photo for.

Currently I have 2 tables :

- Inspection : including Date of Inspection, Key's of Inspection...

- Inspection Detail : child of the Inspection table, which includes the Inspection column, Aspect / Type column : Height, Length, Width, Color.. what ever I want to inspect with 

What I want to ask you guys is how to put the codes in Aspect / Type column, to automatically get the initial value as I mentioned above ? I've tried some but didn't work still. Hope you guys can help

Thank you,

0 2 99
2 REPLIES 2

I would set up a reference action that runs on form save that runs a copying action across the inspection_detail records referenced by:

FILTER( inspection_detail , [inspection].[id] = MAXROW( inspection , date , [item]=[_THISROW].[item] ) )

In future, would you please use AppSheet Q&A section for these kind of posts. You will probably get more replies and quicker, thanks.

Top Labels in this Space