Please i need help

I have this problem and I don't know how to fix it
Error encountered in step with name [SMS]: Error: Row having key '' in table 'Respuestas de formulario 1' in field '_RowNumber' is required to have a value

thanks

Solved Solved
0 3 240
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Why you're getting the error when the automation runs, I don't know for sure.

BUT...

Do not use _RowNumber as the row key.  AppSheet assigns it as a key by default when no other column seems to fit.  But it is not guaranteed that the _RowNumber value for a row will stay the same over time.  It can cause app issues when it doesn't.  AppSheet also recommends, in its documentation, NOT using _RowNumber as a key.

I recommend adding another column solely to be the row key - named maybe "Customer ID".  Set the Initial Value of this column to the expression UNIQUEID().

You should then be all set.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

We will need more details to help. 

Please describe you app and provide any screen shots of what you are doing at the time the error happens.  There are many "preview" features in the system at the moment.  If you are using one or more of them, it would be helpful to know if you are using any of them as they may be introducing unexpected bugs in the platform

Can you show us the Bot where this error is occurring and what the row looks like at the time of the error?    Screenshots of the monitor page could be useful in showing what data is being passed into the Bot.

It is an app to manage restaurant reservations and be able to send notifications via SMS to customers about the status of their reservation

Captura de pantalla 2022-12-13 a las 13.33.21.pngCaptura de pantalla 2022-12-13 a las 13.32.34.pngCaptura de pantalla 2022-12-13 a las 13.34.08.pngCaptura de pantalla 2022-12-13 a las 13.37.26.png

Why you're getting the error when the automation runs, I don't know for sure.

BUT...

Do not use _RowNumber as the row key.  AppSheet assigns it as a key by default when no other column seems to fit.  But it is not guaranteed that the _RowNumber value for a row will stay the same over time.  It can cause app issues when it doesn't.  AppSheet also recommends, in its documentation, NOT using _RowNumber as a key.

I recommend adding another column solely to be the row key - named maybe "Customer ID".  Set the Initial Value of this column to the expression UNIQUEID().

You should then be all set.

I hope this helps!

Top Labels in this Space