Point the default + add button to a different view

Rod
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Is it possible to point the default + add icon to a different view?

My issue is column order, I don’t want to move the columns in the table because it’s shared and both sides want different views, building a slice works fine, but the user taps on the default + and the form shows the column order in the table.
Or, should I build my own navigation whereby the +add is turned off on that table?

Thanks for your input!

1 8 541
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Nope.

A slice should give you what you need, so long as the deck/gallery/table view displayed to the user is based on the slice.

I have the view pointing to a slice, however if the add feature is enabled in that table the + icon points to a form based on the table column order

So in the app editor, in the emulator, in the slice’s table view, when you click the + to add a row , you are taken to the slice’s form view, yes?

Rod
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Just confirmed this. Yes, that is correct, in the editor it shows the slice name, in the view it shows the slice name, however, the slice view is displayed and the + icon appears in the lower right corner, when you select that icon it goes to a form with the column order of the table, not the slice.

I cannot explain that! Perhaps you might reach out to support@appsheet.com directly for this one.

Rod
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

I will but I think I can work around it.

Next question: Can we generation a dropdown that shows multiple columns of the same row? i.e ID,Name,Job

Not as columns. The best you could so is create a column that contains the concatenation of the desired values and display that.

Dang…oh well, I can work with that.

Thanks for your help!

Top Labels in this Space