Populate a field from last value

Hi all, I am working on an inventory tool in appsheet.  We have thousands of SKUs but only about a dozen storage locations.  I would like to be able to scan an item and enter a location (i.e. A1) and once I hit save, I would like the location field to automatically populate with A1.  Once I move to A2 I would manually edit the location field and want it to remember A2 moving forward (and so on and so forth).

Is there a way to do this in Appsheet?  Appreciate the help in advance!

0 6 89
6 REPLIES 6

Hey man,

I'm sure there's a shorter version of that, but this should work:

Initial Value of Location Field = 

INDEX(SELECT(Inventory_Table[Location], [Inventory ID] = MAXROW("Inventory_Table", "_RowNumber")), 1)

Inventory ID = The Keyfield of your Inventory Table

Cheers

Thank you for the reply, Doesn’t seem to work though - when I save and the next display opens up, the location field goes blank.  hmmmmm……

Hey,

probably because you're using an enum field? In that case you gotta select "Allow other values"

Cheers

One way is creating a variable, attaching it to the user's data, such as:

Table Users:
 [1] User Id (text)
     ...user data...
 [n] Var Last Inventory Location (text, Ref, enum, or whatever 'A1' and 'A2' are)

Then when the form is called, have it auto-fill by setting the column's initial value to the current user's [Var Last Inventory Location], such as:

ANY(SELECT(Users[Var Last Inventory Location], (Email = USEREMAIL())))
 ...or if you have a slice named 'Me' that is filtered to the current user...
ANY(Me[Var Last Inventory Location])

When the form saves, you can call a hidden action to save the variable to the current user's row, either through automation or as part of a grouped sequence of actions.

Is this what you were thinking?

We do not have different users, just one sign in. 😞

If there's only one person using it at a time, then you could create a variable table not attached to any user. It would be one row deep, with all your variables (or just the one). For example:

Table "Variables":
 [1] Last Location (text, Ref, enum, or whatever A1 and A2 are)
 ...any other variable columns (or not)...

Then when the form is called, have it auto-fill by setting the initial value to:

ANY(Variables[Last Location])

And finally, you save the variable in a hidden action when the form is saved, whether that's by automation or a grouped sequence of actions.

Top Labels in this Space