Populating enumlist values from a ref table

I am trying to figure out how to populate an enumlist column with values from another table. My main table:

3X_4_6_4649040907d30e3fdd8084d54fd2afeaa3b33b27.png

The values of ‘band’
3X_0_e_0e50f67ee071c36b173d813ddc3a9b6e84f3ff84.png

I would like the user to be able to maintain the enumlist i.e. update/add/delete the values in the list. So I made another table:
3X_b_9_b93070ee3ae8155e7870331d3ed90ed58ab6c5fd.png

How do I connect the 2 tables so that the enumlist values of ‘band’ in the main table are picked up from the second table? I tried creating a virtual column of ‘band’ in the main table and using that as a Ref to the second table, but it seems that you cannot do that:

Solved Solved
0 5 787
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please try with valid_if constraint expression as

Second Table[Band] in the enumlist column of the main table.

May I request you, if possible at your convenience to update the post thread if an approach suggested has been useful or whenever you yourself got a solution to the requirement posted. I believe that will help any community member in future who is looking for a solution to similar requirement.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Please try with valid_if constraint expression as

Second Table[Band] in the enumlist column of the main table.

May I request you, if possible at your convenience to update the post thread if an approach suggested has been useful or whenever you yourself got a solution to the requirement posted. I believe that will help any community member in future who is looking for a solution to similar requirement.

The valid_if constraint works for this step, but now I have another problem trying to connect the ‘band’ and ‘phone’ columns Get 2 column values of specific row from another table using valid_if.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I’ve removed the reference to the non-existent app. Thanks for pointing it out!

Top Labels in this Space