Popup Window with Enum List triggered by Action - is this possible?

I have a field that is an enum list data type, and the options show when the field is clicked. Wondering if there is a method to make this dialog popup from another view? For example, if I am on a detail view, i would like the option to click a prominent button at the top and show this dialog over the current display

mykrobinson_0-1706642858563.png

Solved Solved
1 11 131
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You are probably looking for the INPUT() function. Implement that within an action on the table where the enum list column originates and I think that should accomplish what you are looking for.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

You are probably looking for the INPUT() function. Implement that within an action on the table where the enum list column originates and I think that should accomplish what you are looking for.

I saw that Input() option but didn't even try it because every example i saw made it look like Input() can only be used for text fields. I can give it a shot!

Let us know if @Landan_QREW's suggestion works for you! If so, consider clicking the "Accept as Solution" button! 🤞

I made a dummy app to test, and adding Input("Options","") to an action worked as prescribed

mykrobinson_0-1706646091973.png

What's weird, though, is it did NOT work in my production app 🤔

I created a test patient and a new action, and here's what i get:

mykrobinson_0-1706646670546.png

The action is for the field KCC Years, and the action is to set the value of KCC Years to Input("KCC Years", "")

No clue what i might be doing wrong because it looks dang near the same as the previous one.

Do you have any condition on when that column is supposed to show or when it is editable?

Negative:

mykrobinson_0-1706650484357.png

mykrobinson_1-1706650547217.png

The column should always be visible and always be editable. The only condition i currently have is to control the visibility of the button to trigger the action based on a list of allowed Context("View") options

WAIT!!!!

I was wrong, the screenshots above are the wrong column.. The KCC Years column does indeed have a Show If condition, which is likely the culprit! I will investigate and report back

@Landan_QREW  thank you, that was it!

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad it worked out! Thanks for sharing your "breadcrumbs" with us @mykrobinson! The details help others that might be dealing with the same hangups. 👊

Top Labels in this Space