Popup a message

Popup a custom message option (Formula supported) after Save button clicked and for every success added/edited/deleted.

0 5 388
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

There are no built-in capabilities to show messages on successful completion of an operation.  I think you can build in your own but depending on the app size it would be very tedious work.

For what it's worth,  showing "success" on every operation is not best practice.   Users "will" get annoyed at the constant  pop-up messages - even if there is no need to interact with them (e.g. they automatically show and disappear).  Having said that, I don't know your app needs.  There is nothing wrong with implementing such a feature if it is needed.

Of course is not the best practice to always show a popup for every successful saved. That is why put it as option for app creator to show it or not. Maybe for some app there is no need the popup. But for some we need it.

I thought you were asking how to? 

If you are making a suggestion to provide this as a feature, then you will want open a Feature Idea.  Suggestions go there. 

First I recommend searching the list.  I think there are numerous requests already listed there.  You can vote up the one that meets your needs and add any comments to help clarify the need.

If none seems to meet your idea, then open a new one BUT be certain to be very clear in your request about the concept.  Otherwise, it won't gain traction.

Besides, the adds/edits/deletes are not the success immediately unless the app is completely synced to cloud tables. So, the message would never guarantee the operational success.

Sometimes we don't need to guarantee the success, we just want to notify only.

Top Labels in this Space