Popup message after form submission

I have done only 1 form view (and so without the possibility to see the entries list) and I would add a popup message after form submission and a button that permit to do another submission.

How could I proceed?

Solved Solved
0 17 238
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have solved with the Security Filter!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Just add a LINKTOVIEW("FormView") action to your form view with the Event action.

Hi @AleksiAlkio @Thanks for your reply.

so, I have to create another form view with this confirmation message? (In this case, how could I proceed)

and then in this form view add the button to permit to send another submission? (Also in this case how could I proceed)

thanks

No, you don't need to create a new form view if you don't need it for any other reason.

When you set the confirmation message as ON, you can ask with it "do you want to add a new record or not?".

The solution is good but the problem is that after the submission is done on mobile, the view return right away on the form view (is that I want), but when a submission is done on desktop, I must wait the time of sync to do another submission...

Why?

What is your deep link formula?

I have a bot in 2 step:
when new add
---> write in another table
---> send a email

If there is not your action activated, after form submission, I have not to wait the completition of  the bot,  the view return fast on main view (both mobile and desktop).

If there is your action activated, after form submission, I have to wait the completition of  the bot, only after that the view return on main view (desktop)

Why are you using a Bot? You don't need any Bot. Just 1+1 action would be enough.

I need it to write in two tables

Do you have automatic background syncing set as ON?

I have this situation
Schermata 2024-04-06 alle 21.47.06.png

@AleksiAlkio @Do you think I have to change these settings to solve?

I made a quick test and for me it opens the new form view right away with the desktop as it should do, it doesn't need to wait the Bot as it's happening on the background.

In my case, on the desktop view, it needs to wait the end of the bot (about 20sec) and then the view return on the form view.

if i disable the action, all this not happenโ€ฆ

why?

From where are you triggering the action?

From Beahviour, Event Action

I understand the problem.
You have done a deck view, instead I have done a form view.
I don't have done like you, cause the users of the app can do only the submissions but not to see all the entries they have submitted

How could I proceed in my case?

I have solved with the Security Filter!

Top Labels in this Space