Positions for Inventory

Hi, I'm new here and Would like a help because I have not found the material I need on the Internet. I'm creating an app to track the stock of my fruit business.

My shelves are sorted from A to Z, as in the example below.

I wonder if it is possible to block the amount of times that column A1,B1,C1... can be scand a maximum of 3 times and if it is possible to show some kind of error when arriving at 3 and not let enter more data . What formula would I need in this case? 

Thank you so much for the attention!

Test.png

Solved Solved
0 2 117
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I am not sure exactly what you mean by limiting the number of scans per Positions.

If you mean say three entries per Position 'ever', then you make the table Update only and do not let the user add any rows other than what you create initially.

If you want to limit say within a certain period of time (ie per day) then you can use COUNT() and SELECT() to check the number of entries and control data entry.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I am not sure exactly what you mean by limiting the number of scans per Positions.

If you mean say three entries per Position 'ever', then you make the table Update only and do not let the user add any rows other than what you create initially.

If you want to limit say within a certain period of time (ie per day) then you can use COUNT() and SELECT() to check the number of entries and control data entry.

I just locked the spreadsheet with the positions I wanted and left only to edit. I used the ANY(SELECT() functions to search the products and it worked!

Thank you very much for your comment.

Top Labels in this Space