Prevent adds/updates if sync failed

We are using the Desktop mode and if sync fails it will still let users make changes, which may lead to discarding multiple adds/updates. 

Is there a way to prevent users from doing any changes in case of failed sync? 

0 1 82
1 REPLY 1

Unfortunately, there is no way to block a specific users data entry.  The best preventative approach is encourage users to press Sync as the very first action they take each and everyday - not only for app updates but to make sure they have the latest data.  Secondary, is strong communication when a user needs to Sync but this will likely not catch all users.

Appsheet does have a Recovery Mode but I am finding it doesn't really work well.  It is much better to catch the errors ASAP, work with the user to get their app updated and then have them re-enter the lost entries.

I have started the post listed below to try to capture the issues App Creators have when these issues arise.  I want to be sure AppSheet understand the pain it causes us and a simple solution can help prevent.  Please feel free to add your story!

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Old-App-Version-Have-you-had-data-issues-caused...

Top Labels in this Space