Prevent users from downloading videos

I have a small question about AppSheet. Do you know if it's possible to prevent a user from downloading videos? For a project, I want to allow users to view videos, but not copy/download/share them, etc.

Access management to the videos hosted on a Google Drive account is done through a Google Group.

I have tried several methods:

1. By URL, to view the video, the user must have read access with the copy/download option enabled (and therefore can download the video). In addition, the video must be less than 100 MB if I understood correctly.
  2. By path/filename, everything is viewable and everything is downloadable.
  3. By hosting the videos on YouTube, I can give access to the videos, but managing them on YouTube does not allow me to share the videos with a Google Group, it would have to be managed individually for each video. And the YouTube API does not allow this update (YouTube.activities.insert is deprecated).

Do you have suggestions?
Thank you very much

@Aurelien 

Solved Solved
2 2 281
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You may host your videos on online platforms having the protection option. Then use AppSheet action to open video links externally.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You may host your videos on online platforms having the protection option. Then use AppSheet action to open video links externally.

Thank you Swoopy. I think that is the best way to handle this issue. We will have the videos played in Google Drive directly, not as smooth as how I viewed it at first, but the "safest" way to do it.

Thank you again.

Top Labels in this Space