Preview app as...: strange behaviour

Hi,

is something going wrong with the feature "Preview app as..."?

I have always used it to test my apps simulating different user profiles.

I use a sliced "User table" based on [email] = useremail().

Since some days I'm no more able to make this kind of simulations: useremail() gets always the logged-in email (myself). I'm no more able to impersonate other users without having a second Chrome browser used to login with the other user credentials.

Can somebody help me to understand?

Regards.

Massimo Pioli

0 5 119
5 REPLIES 5

It sounds the browser is using another email address. Check the login email from the upper left menu.

Ciao,

the browser is using my email, the user which is developing the App.

In the "past", using "Preview app as" with other emails taken from the app user-table, I was able to fully simulate different users. Now this feature seems to be not consistent. It's ok in Views' show_if statement; wrong result in Select() statement as soon as I need conditions related to current user.

But did you check the login email address from the emulator view's main menu? I have seen now and then where the email is different than the one that you have used for login when opening the app/editor and then it has not worked properly.

Yes. The email address from the emulator view's main menu does not reflect the email address written in the field "Preview app as". It is "locked" on the email used by me for login opening the app/editor.

Have you tried to clear your browser's cache if it has confused somehow?

Top Labels in this Space