Pricing..... A little rant ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

I really like appsheet, but a very simple app that reads a 10 digit barcode and extracts 5 digits from it requires a core subscription and $2,000/month for potentially 200 users who may use it perhaps 3 times a month.

Nuts.

I've advised my client to either enter the data manually or get a free barcode scanning app and copy/paste the data.

Disappointing.

3 8 205
8 REPLIES 8

IMO, AppSheet is not meant for those "very simple app" kind of scenario.

Maybe a public app could fit your need

I know what you're saying and I probably agree (I have other apps out there that are using a lot more of the available features), but this client just doesn't need that much functionality.

I could easily run it as a public app, as they don't need security, but then I wouldn't get the barcode reading ability which is a shame.

@TedM wrote:

requires a core subscription and $2,000/month for potentially 200 users who may use it perhaps 3 times a month.

Did you speak to AppSheet sales?  You may be able to get some kind of volume pricing discount.

I certainly shall do!

Yeah, for that number of users you should definitely contact sales.

To add to valuable guidance by all in this thread- 

One thing to note about AppSheet secure apps pricing is, it is per user ( for secure apps requiring sign inand not per app pricing.  So , using it for just one small app will definitely not be a good use of the license.  With  per user license,  you could use it even for 200 apps with the same pricing. So cost of ownership of one app and 200 ( technically there is no limit on number of apps) in per user license  is identical.

So in nutshell, I believe the per user license for secure apps will be useful in large user base ( 200 licenses as in your case) when one has some extensive use of AppSheet in mind.

In my country AppSheet Pricing is quite expensive, I would like to see them having a different price per country, but I'm able to justify it when you think on what @Suvrutt_Gurjar said about having multiple apps, which in my case means that having a 2-3 apps system is like the point of inflection.

Also make sure to fully make use of AppSheet features, make those servers run with automation and such so that it is doing something that a simple webapp hosted on a tiny PC couldn't do

@TedM wrote:

this client just doesn't need that much functionality

So AppSheet is not for them, which is part of the process you need to go through to make sure they understand what AppSheet is, how much is costs and how to get the best out of it.

I always try to explain the limits or the characteristics of the platform before we get to the point I'm making them an app, before I want to make sure they really understand and accept the platform's way of doing things

Top Labels in this Space