Primary Actions on Select Views in a Dashboard

Hi There Appsheet Community, 

Does anyone know of a way where you can activate the primary actions on only one or two views on a dashboard? 

For example below I have created a basic dashboard where the trade menu is simply used to navigate to alternative views, and the other views added on the dashboard are meant to be interactive as they are tables that i want to continually add info to. 

With primary actions displayed on dashboard its great for my main tables, but i want to deactivate it for the trade menu as adding a new row here would help the user in the end. 

Any thoughts on this? Maybe a future update for appsheet to allow primary actions on Ref views in a dashboard? 

Screenshot 2023-12-08 105506.png

Solved Solved
0 2 468
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In this situation I advise you to work with slices, create slices for the tables you want, but you don't need any specific filter or condition. Just create them. In the slices you don't want to show the add action, go and unable the option add. You can set as view-only. 

Peterson_90_0-1702032339960.png

And instead of choosing the primary view, choose the slice view you created, then it won't show de add button in this view.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

In this situation I advise you to work with slices, create slices for the tables you want, but you don't need any specific filter or condition. Just create them. In the slices you don't want to show the add action, go and unable the option add. You can set as view-only. 

Peterson_90_0-1702032339960.png

And instead of choosing the primary view, choose the slice view you created, then it won't show de add button in this view.

You are fantastic! That worked. Thank you so much!!!!

Top Labels in this Space