Print PDF AppSheet

Hi guys! For a long time I have not been able to figure out whether it is possible to display a table of the composition of a dish when printing an application for several dishes. I just want it to be easy for an employee to print a request for several dishes, there are no problems if I print 1 dish, but we don’t want to waste so much paper. I'm trying to find a way to display the food composition table when printing, but it's not working. I can display the composition of a dish only as a list, but this is incorrect, because the number of components must be multiplied by the weight of the components. Is it possible to somehow display a table of composition and multiply it by the weight from the application for these dishes. The weight of each dish is differentСкриншот 28-09-2023 170726.jpgСкриншот 28-09-2023 164746.jpgСкриншот 28-09-2023 164759.jpgСкриншот 28-09-2023 164811.jpgСкриншот 28-09-2023 164820.jpgI really want to printI really want to printprinting applicationsprinting applications

0 1 607
1 REPLY 1

Yes, this is possible but you will need add additional tables that the Template can use to understand which Dishes you want to include. 

Just as a point of reference, a Data Change Bot operates on a single data row at a time.  In the case of creating a PDF, that row is sent into the template to be used as the main row o report on.  If this is just a single Dish record, then the template has no way to know what other dishes it is supposed to include.

So you need something where you can select the Dishes to be printed and represented in a row that is sent to the template.  Another table.  Think of it as a reporting table where you select from a list of Dishes to be included in the report, record that in a row and send it to the template.  The Bot can be triggered on the ADD of this report row, sending it to the PDF template with the list of Dishes to be included.

Then in your template you can have a structure like this:

Date: <<[Date]>>

<<Start: [List of Dishes to Print]>>

<<[Dish].[Name]>> <<[Weight]>> kg
Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 10.37.25 AM.png
<<END>>

The column of [List of Dishes to Print] is an EnumList column and can be used directly to cycle through the chosen dishes.

I hope this helps!

Top Labels in this Space