Printing Non-Standard Page

Hello,

I am working on a solution for a conference check-in app that will print a 4inch by 3inch name badge on a thermal printer. I am very limited right now only being able to use Google Docs as the template--there is no dynamic "auto-fit text to text box" option to account for different length names or business/position title labels, which will cause fields to overlap or run off the page.

The printing process itself worked well using the PrintCode client (PDF sent via email from AppSheet). I am looking for a non-Google Docs solution for PDF generation followed by email distribution to PrintNode. Has anyone had luck with Zapier or other solutions creating more rich templates that can be printed by API or using a printnode address? 

0 2 81
2 REPLIES 2

The nearest I've come is getting Appsheet to try and print landscape onto C5 sized envelopes. Frankly there's so much to go wrong in terms of variables that you've just go to jump in an mess about with it.   For mine I had to use A5 as the paper size, because C5 doesn't exist.  Then mess with the margins because appsheet takes a google docs file, converts to HTML, then to PDF.  It sort of works, but elegant it aint.

Simon, 1minManager.com

Agreed, it is definitely a messy solution. With trial and error I have been able to get things to line up properly, the biggest challenge is the need to auto-fit text and/or have text rotated (a double-sided, foldable badge that prints on one side and is folded is the use case here). Still searching through some of the PDF solutions with Zapier, but none of them seem to fit the need. 

Top Labels in this Space