Printing a subset of child records given a condition

Good Day

I need some assistance with Filtering a subset of child records from a order. The filtering is based on a status column in the child record not the parent record. I want to show only the selected child records based on the given condition in a report. I have used the following formula which the documentation indicates should work however it checks the Parent record not the child subset. I want to be able to print the report from the Parent record. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

<<Start: SELECT(Orders[Order Id], AND(IN([Order Id],[_THISROW].[Related Orders]), [Order Status] = "Open"))>>

Solved Solved
0 7 293
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you. Instead of current <<START>> expression, please try 

<<Start:SELECT([Related FINANCEs][Child Table Key], [Status] = "PAID")>>

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Could you share your current template and mention what you wish to achieve based on that template?

Hi Suvrutt,

For now i have defaulted to the standard way of printing all the child records. See below.

Containium_Trad_0-1656769631231.png

I know that this template will not be able to print condition based child rows that i want the report to print.

I have tried using the below statement but it also does not work as i would like it to.

<<Start: SELECT(Orders[Order Id], AND(IN([Order Id],[_THISROW].[Related Orders]), [Order Status] = "Open"))>>

Thank you. What column from child table you wish to use in condition to limit those records?

The field is not visible above but it is '[STATUS]="PAID".

Thank you. Instead of current <<START>> expression, please try 

<<Start:SELECT([Related FINANCEs][Child Table Key], [Status] = "PAID")>>

Hi Suvrutt,

Excellent, thanks that worked.

Hi to all!
I have an app that has Sales and a Child that has the Products Sold.
I would like to print only the first Product sold (in another page the second)... 
How do I do that? 
Thanks 

Top Labels in this Space