Priority/Order of employee task list

I am creating an app where I want to specify a number of tasks for employees to complete each day in a retail store. I want to be able to enter a task at a time and have the priority or order to increment by one each time I enter a new task. So task priority/order [TASKID] 1 needs to be completed first and then TASKID 2 then 3 and so on โ€ฆ

Each time I create a new task, I count the number of tasks already there for that date and then increment by one which works fine.

COUNT(FILTER(โ€œTASKSโ€, ([DATE] = [_THISROW].[DATE]))) + 1

Problem is if I delete a task, say TASKID 3 then the task in the list is TASKID 1, 2, 4. I would really like to have the TASKID list order to be changed to TAKID 1, 2, 3.

Also, currently if I add a new task it just counts how many tasks there currently is and increments by 1. So in the example above if I have TASKID 1, 2, 4 and then I add another task I will have TASKID 1, 2, 4, 4.

Can anyone suggest what expression I could use so that the TASKID list shows 1, 2, 3, 4

Thanks

0 2 203
2 REPLIES 2

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @jeffchoy

This could help you:

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Youโ€™d need a set of actions that identify the rows of the task list and renumbers them.

Top Labels in this Space