Problem formatting date mm / dd / yyyy

Dev_TI

My problem is that I have an application and two date fields in google spreasheet and one it is writing the format mm / dd / yyyy and the other dd / mm / yyyy how do I record the same format in both fields. I already checked the formatting of the fields

0 3 341
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, you donโ€™t mention where the dates are originating from. And its not clear if both dates are in the app being written to the Google sheet, if they are displayed in the app ok but incorrect in the Google sheet, etc. It would be helpful to know more details.

Having said that, AppSheet does not provide ways to write out the date in different formats. The date should always be written out in the same way. I do not know if AppSheet uses Localization, where it reads the settings of the local machineโ€™s operating system to determine date formats used in that locale.

However, you can control the date output by using CONCATENATE() function in combination with the date parts functions like DAY(), MONTH(), YEAR(), etc.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

If both columns share the same formatting then try changing the locale of the googlesheet itself, and check if it matches the locale of the table on your app (you can see this setting under Data>Table.

Top Labels in this Space