Problem using bar code scanning

I have a bar code scanning app that works great, at first.  However, after about 15-30 scans when I click the icon to open the scanner the camera just refuses to turn on.  I get a black non-functioning rectangle and I have to restart the app to get it to work again.

I am using Android and the default bar code scanning feature.  Anybody know how to fix this?  This makes the app unusable as they are scanning thousands of hard drives and cannot restart frequently.

Thanks

0 5 122
5 REPLIES 5

So I am seeing the highlighted comment below in the documentation:

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 7.15.12 PM.png

This makes me think the "system default" does have some kind of limitation though I have not seen any mention of it anywhere.

Thanks for pointing that out, did not notice that phrase.  If there is a limitation (even a fuzzy one) I wish the documentation would have mentioned it explicitly.  Can we get an official statement from Google?

I submitted a request to update the documentation if there is a limit on the default service.

You can integrate a paid service.  Scandit, which I know AppSheet can integrate with, costs $20 per device per year for unlimited scanning, based on what I'm reading.

Thank you for this information and the document update request.  I am reaching out to Scandit to get a trial license.

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11628210?hl=en&ref_topic=11626905

Note: Barcode scanning is supported for Core plans and above

Top Labels in this Space