Problem with Email Body Template

In the report I'm trying to automate, some of the tables are quadrupling in the actual email while other tables (which are using a different formula) are just fine. I'm using this formula: 

<<Start: Select(10T Ops[Contract], [MAP]=โ€Availableโ€)>> 

<<End>> 

It wraps four tables, and is pulling from a slice. I've tried using the formula at the beginning and end of each table (and inside each table) but I just end up getting an error about "not being able to find column." 

Anyone have any idea why I'm seeing the same tables four different times?

1 14 224
14 REPLIES 14

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @airion 

You may prefer using FILTER instead of SELECT.

Can you share screenshot from your template ?

Here's a screenshot of the template:

template1.png

Thanks.

From what I see, there is at least one reason for having multiple times the same informations ?

Aurelien_0-1658202569283.png

But maybe the last part is about another information.

Just to give it a try, can you please replace:

<<Start: Select(10T Ops[Contract], [MAP]=โ€Availableโ€)>> 

with:

<<Start: FILTER("10T Ops", [MAP]=โ€Availableโ€)>> 

and tell us if that changes something ?

It's still duplicating the first four tables:

duplicate.png

Also, that second formula is being used on another table which is working perfectly.

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Is it possible that you have various time the same key-column value in your table ? 

Would you please add [Contract] just after your Start statement ? 

For example, if [contract] is the key-column of the table "10T Ops", can you type:

<<Start: FILTER("10T Ops", [MAP]=โ€Availableโ€)>> <<[Contract]>>

(your tables...)

<<End>>

and show us the result ?

Also, would it be possible to make a copy of your template, keep only the part you showed us and share it with us ? (public shared)

EDIT:  This is not 4 times the same duplication.โ€ƒ

I just spotted some differences.

duplicate.png

You're right! Would you know why the formula is pulling different data for these tables? The second formula is pulling data for different contracts. Is the first formula doing the same? 

As far as I can see, Start: is working as expected.

Could you explain exactly what you expect to see? Why you say it's not right to have four times the content when you are using a Start: expression that seems to select 4 rows?

I'm expecting the email to only have one set of Daily, Season, Domestic, and International tables. Not three sets with different data. At this point, I'm trying to figure out how the formula is pulling different data for these tables. 

So do not use Start: then

Thank you for sharing the template document, it seems ok to me.

(Few edits here, sorry)

1) @airion can you add, as suggested earlier, the <<[contract]>> after the start statement, then run your bot with this template.

2) Also, can you please check, in your Google Sheets, how many records you get when you filter your sheets 10T Ops with the condition criteria MAP on "available " ?

3) can you confirm that "Contract" is your key-column ?

I suspect the "multiple times display" is just an illusion ๐Ÿ™‚

I just tried it with <<[contract]>> after the start statement and it still shows the tables with different data.

The goal is to only see the fleet stats once (I'm incredibly confused as to why it's somehow coming up with three other data points). So the email should show: Daily, Season, Domestic, International, and then tables for each of the (four) active contracts. 

I also double-checked the sheet (we're using smartsheet) and I'm getting four "available" which represent each of the contracts currently active. I don't know if it's worth noting that 10T Ops is a slice. 

I had in mind it could be a slice, indeed. 

You may want to add a condition for your slice: it should run for one and only contract then. Maybe you want to add a condition in your start/filter statement. 

I was able to find the issue in Smartsheet! I selected all four contracts and should have limited it to one because of how the sums were displayed.

Thank you, Aurelien, for all your help! I wouldn't have figured it out without you. 

You are very welcome !

Top Labels in this Space