Problem with find-value in lookup function

Hello everybody!
In google sheets, I can perform a lookup with the find-value expresion “(asteriskcharacter)”&[whatever]&"(asteriskcharacter)". This way, the function looks for a cell that contains the A2 value, not only the exact text of A2.
for example, if I look for a code like “cdh002154”, I need it to be found if there is a value like “cdh002154cdh002155” in the reference table.
Any ideas?

Solved Solved
0 2 129
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Wow, thank you! I had been reading about this functions, but didnt find anything. Since you point them as a solution, I tried harder… and I think I got it!
Instead of a lookup function, I used a Select(table[desiredoutputvalue];contains ([referencecolumn];[_thisrow].[valuetofind]]
Well, I am not sure if I explain it right, but the fact is that it worked perfectly,
Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Wow, thank you! I had been reading about this functions, but didnt find anything. Since you point them as a solution, I tried harder… and I think I got it!
Instead of a lookup function, I used a Select(table[desiredoutputvalue];contains ([referencecolumn];[_thisrow].[valuetofind]]
Well, I am not sure if I explain it right, but the fact is that it worked perfectly,
Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space