Problem with new data

Hi all,

I got a problem with my app. When I add new row to my app, sometimes that data will be duplicate. It means when I save a form, I see two identical row (but the ID, of course) in my app. And sometimes a row is deleted from the app without any action.  It's very randomly. It means that sometimes it happens, sometimes not. 

So anyone of you guys had this issue? And any suggestions for this issue?

Thank you all!

Solved Solved
0 7 269
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

If you see it again, one way to investigate is to check the Audit history as you are able to see that one specific row and it's values from the "add row" log.

View solution in original post

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LinhP sounds like there may be some duplicate values in there somewhere. You may want to consider Using unique identifiers. When creating new rows, use unique identifiers, such as a UUID or a GUID, to ensure that each row is unique.

Let us know if the issue continues! 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi, are your row keys unique? if your keys are duplicated, you'd see two entries and when one is deleted, the other one is gone as well.

Is your ID marked as key?

Yes, I created a ID column and marked it as key. And of course the keys are not duplicated but all other columns are. 

It sounds you have duplicate key values. When you add a new row and the app "kind" of deletes it, what happens in you data soure? Are you able to see it for a while, and after few secs it's gone? Or are you seeing it at all there?

No, the keys are not duplicated. When the issue happened, I did check the raw data and saw difference key values. I try to archive my data to another sheet and the issue seems gone now, but I don't know how the issue occurs.

If you see it again, one way to investigate is to check the Audit history as you are able to see that one specific row and it's values from the "add row" log.

Thank you so much. I did try to check the Audit history and found the problem. The problem is that I use _RowNumber as a Key. I did make another unique ID column for that sheet and the problem seems to be solved!

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LinhP sounds like there may be some duplicate values in there somewhere. You may want to consider Using unique identifiers. When creating new rows, use unique identifiers, such as a UUID or a GUID, to ensure that each row is unique.

Let us know if the issue continues! 

Top Labels in this Space