Problem with saving time

Hi guys,

Please I hope someone can help me with this case:

I created an inventory management app, where the concerned tables are "Rolls", "Order" and "Order_Details". Rolls contains the list of the products, and Order details contain the products linked to an order.

My issue is with the saving time when I create an order containing 10 to 30 products, the app takes up to 5 min to save the changes! 

for each new row added to Order_Details table, there is a bot that run to change the product status from Available to Sold.

Here is a video showing the process and how much it takes to save the changes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dLxGwS11KiEcLI_Z_hR56YCdRd8S1Tj4/view?usp=sharing 

Also here is a screenshot of the app performance: 

Screenshot 2024-03-10 231433.png

I would love to have your assistance in solving this issue.

Note: The concerned tables don't have any virtual columns, just REFs.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar @Steve @WillowMobileSys @Koichi_Tsuji 

0 5 89
5 REPLIES 5

What precisely is the issue?  Are you simply concerned with the time the edits are takin to apply to the server?   OR is that delayed time interfering with the users ability to continue - e.g. waiting for an update made by the Bot?

Thank you for your quick reply @WillowMobileSys, actually my real concern is with the delayed time interfering with the users' ability to continue, and here is an example:

Once an order is created the user will have a button to generate a PDF invoice for that order, if an order contains 10 products the user has to wait up to 1 min to generate the invoice and open it, while if the number of products increased 20 or 30 as an example the user will have to wait for 3 to 4 min to be able to generate the invoice of that order. 

As you can see from the video on the link below, an example while adding 2 products to the order is how much time the user has to wait to generate the invoice as a PDF, so imagine an order with 20 or more products, the user should be waiting around 3 min to be able to do that, because to generate the invoice the user has to wait until all the changes for the order are saved.

Link of the Video: 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NS4S0Ha8KPjCsw9pVbndvJnvQTdIKmCN/view?usp=sharing 

Why does the user need to MANUALLY indicate for the invoice to be generated?  Why not include that in the Bot(s) such that once the updates are completed, some Bot automatically generates the Invoice?

I am trying to get to the bottom of the issue by understanding WHY a user needs immediate access to the data they just entered. 

If for some reason they NEED to see data results (such as calc results) in order to make additional decisions, then I would advocate for implementing updates using client-side actions executed from "Form Saved" behaviors.

On the other-hand, if its just a processing order issue such as tapping a button to trigger the generation of an Invoice, then you should be able to fold that into the automation so the userdoesn't need to take any additional action once they have tapped save.  Sometimes this means collecting additional information upfront so these process steps can be done as part of the Bot(s).

That's a good idea to add invoice generation to a bot after an order is created, thank you for that, but my real issue is with the time it takes to save an order ... if an order has 30 products it takes up to 5 min to be saved! is it normal to have 5 min as sync time to save an order with 30 products? which means adding 30 rows in a table? 

Any suggestions, please? 

Top Labels in this Space