Problems with adding new row

Hi there,

I'm trying to set up a column with reference to another table in the same database.
In the database all seems to be fine, but when I try to add a new row in the appsheet, this message shows up:
"Unable to add row to table 'Table 1'. โ†’ Invalid request provided to AppSheet database"

I've tried lots of things but I'm unable to find the root of the problem, I'm also not very experienced with appsheet so it may be a simple solution.

Thank you,
Rodrigo.

Solved Solved
0 4 1,352
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Appsheet database is on beta mode. There isnยดt any scenario that you should use it except for curiosity. Transfer your database to a google sheet or another stable base and this problem should be solved. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Appsheet database is on beta mode. There isnยดt any scenario that you should use it except for curiosity. Transfer your database to a google sheet or another stable base and this problem should be solved. 

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

AppSheet Database is currently a preview feature and under active development. Preview features are not yet suitable for use in important apps. Until it has achieved greater stability, I recommend against using this preview feature except for testing and to help the AppSheet developers in their efforts. To follow the progress of and contribute to the development effort, please visit this dedicated Community topic:

Introducing new AppSheet database feature ...

It seems AppSheet Databases don't like custom keys. Whether adding a new row using an Action or via the API, if that row includes a ref to another table which has a custom key, I get the same error. It works when you just use the default Row ID column as the key.

Had the same issue.

Leaving the Database Generated "Row ID" column as the Key solved it.

Top Labels in this Space