Process steps status overview

Hi fellow appsheet heroes,

I do have a challenge for which I have to find a solution.

I do have in and outbound orders in my app.
Each customer can have multiple open in and outbound orders at the same time.
Each order for a customer will follow a flow though the process, but not all customers will have the same steps trough the inbound or outbound process. Some steps are never applicable for a certain customer.

Example steps for Inbound orders:
Building
Submitted
Arrange Transport
Customs documents created
Customs paid
Good cleared
etc.

Each step/status can have a state of: done, N/A, active or an empty value. 

I want to show per order the process steps that are completed, what the current step is and the steps which the order still has to go trough.

My thoughts: 
All steps (in a defined order) will be stored in a "status" or "Order_Steps" table.
Per customer I can define 2 enumlists. 1 for inbound and 1 for outbound steps.  In the enumlists I can select the steps which are applicable for that customer for that process flow. 

When a new order for a customer has been created I can copy with an automation the steps from the enumlist to an order_steps_Status table with an orderID, step and the state of that step.  

Now that the steps with status are in the order_steps_Status  table these can be referenced to in the order with an inline table. 

When the status of the order changes the corresponding (previous) step will be update to "Done" or "N/A" and the next step becomes active for that order
With format rules I should be able to show a green check in the inline table when the status has been done and strike trough if N/A. And for active another icon and color.

This should gives my customers per order a visual overview of the steps taken and the steps which have to be taken.

Has anyone done something similar before, and are my thoughts the "best" solution or is there a better/ more efficient approach to this? I have not used enumlists before and I do not exactly know if it  is possible to accomplish in the way I'm thinking.

Any tips, tricks, directions, other solutions (or sample apps) are welcome.

regards,

Wilco

0 2 88
2 REPLIES 2

You're right to focus first on the data design.

In terms of visual rendering, you could also consider diagrams like QuickChart's GraphiViz.

I will break down this quest for a solution into several parts.  
When I have a complete solution I will post a reply.

Top Labels in this Space