Processes to send user tasks to Google Spaces or Google Tasks

I am developing an app that will have all my team member's tasks assigned by user so they can see their tasks by date or on a calendar in the app, but is it possible to send their assigned tasks to Google Tasks or Google Spaces in the Gmail pane? Would the Chat App functionality be used for this?

If so, can they click "complete" on the task in Gmail/Tasks tab and have that report back to the app that the task status changed to "complete"?

As I type it, it sounds like a heavy lift.

1 3 220
3 REPLIES 3

I found this in the community! https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Google-tasks-integration/m-p/225476#M8690

It uses Google App Scripts to create a bridge and webhook between Appsheet and Google Tasks.  It was easy to set up and does work, but has one hiccup: Any change to the task in Appsheet sends a new task to the user instead of just updating the task info.

So close though! Maybe someone in the community knows how to adjust the app script or the webhook automation in Appsheet to wrangle this a bit.

Yes, I am using this as well to remind users when a task is due. The Google Task may be overkill if I can get everyone using a Desktop App view side-by-side with their Gmail in the browser.

Top Labels in this Space