Public And Private

Is it possible to have a public component of the app i can share via a website that restricts access to โ€œViewโ€ only, and have 1 master account that allows the changing of data?

The app that i am building is for a gaming community to track community members, their achievements and event participation. For me itโ€™s important that they can see what they have accomplished and be able to have it publicly available.

0 3 190
3 REPLIES 3

Unfortunately thatโ€™s not directly possible. However, if you create a gmail account for members use only i.e. game_members_community@gmail.com with a very generic password i.e. game_name, then you can show hide app views as per this email.

NOT(USEREMAIL() = "game_members_community@gmail.com")

Please explicitly note that this workaround is a bit nifty as it will increase your number of user licences as a single email address can login to the app up-to 5 different devices. So letโ€™s say if you have 1000 members, this means additional 200 licences.

I may advise building a separate public app only with the data you want to display in the app and iframe that app in the website. It will cost only $50 per month per app.

Thanks for the prompt response!
So it sounds like this could be done via 2 apps that share the same data, but 1 limits the permissions to view only while the other would be able to make adjustments to the data.

Thatโ€™s correct. However, may be I should remind you that you need to create the public AppSheet account (Publisher Pro) with a different email address that you have your secure app. You canโ€™t build app under the same account with different subscription model.

Top Labels in this Space