Published app on google store and licencing

Hi there,

I have a question regarding licencing. If I publish application of Google store and its free to download, what kind of licence I need so users can use it unlimited?

As I understand AppSheet looks how many users use application and based on that you pay a licence, but does that mean if 1000 users download it and use it, I need to buy 1000 licences for this unknown downloaders?

I understand if you create a app for company that you know who will use the app, so you can control the licencing. But with whitelabel publishing on google store, this kind of option confuses me.

Thanks for suggestions!

0 1 52
1 REPLY 1

It all depends on how your app is built.  I would recommend to go to the AppSheet Pricing page and review the various types of licensing they have.  There is an option for a Public app that might fit what you need.

It basically boils down to this: 

• If you need to know who the users are, you need a per user license.
  • If you DO NOT need to know who the users are, you can use a Public app on the Publisher Pro plan - $50/month per app.

CAUTION:  If security is a concern in your app, you will NOT be able to effectively build your own login system inside a Publisher Pro app.   Many have tried and failed.  Use a per user license app and charge accordingly.

Top Labels in this Space