Pull text from a virtual column into a text column (on database spreadsheet).

Pull text from a virtual column into a text column (on spreadsheet).

Have have a column virtual column called "country" which has a formula to pull data from another table, which works.

When I try to use this formula in the table speadsheet column it cuases the APP to errror.

As data from the APP is pulled into a gsheet as the virtual column is not in the database table gsheet it can not be pulled.

I have tried to use a formula to pull the text from the virtual column inot the database table column but no luck.

Any advice?

0 2 143
2 REPLIES 2

I don't understand. Probably, somebody can provide advice if you share screenshots of your app table's columns and their app formula expressions for the two columns you specifically mention.

Understand how things work:

1. You can have formula-columns on Google Sheet tables and pull all results to show on AppSheet as read-only columns.

2. Google Sheet cannot get any results from AppSheet virtual columns.

3. You can have fomulas only on one place either on Google Sheet columns or AppSheet virtual columns, not at the same time/the same names.

Supposing in your case, you once created virtual columns to do things, and then you create new physical columns on Google Sheet to handle the formulas instead. You need to delete the virtual column and regenerate the columns on AppSheet editor. If the name of physical columns are the same as the old virtual columns, there would be no affects after columns regeneration.

Hope this might help you get some ideas.

Top Labels in this Space