Puzzled by the sample app, "Attendance App"

I copied one of the sample apps, "Attendance App", and proceeded to customize it (as I have done many times). But this app has a couple of functions that I am not familiar with:

1. The bot uses "Call a web hook" task with a zapier url. Not surprisingly, new modifications I make to the database (ie my Google sheet) only get recorded when this bot is enabled. This surprised me because I am not using Zapier, this isn't my link, and yet it "POST" to my Google sheet via a "random" link in AppSheet. Should I be concerned about my Google account? I expect the answer will be "no", but curious why.

2. There are a couple of icons on the primary navigation bar - "Share" and "Sync". Yet I cannot find the actions where these are defined. It'd be neat to learn this trick - so appreciate some pointers.

Solved Solved
0 2 280
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1. That's strange, the bot doesn't appear in the "look under the hood" of the sample app, but suddenly shows up when copying it. I would delete the bot if I were you.

2. That sample app must be really old, it's using an old appsheet UI where share and sync were at the bottom. Sync is now in the top-right, and share (if enabled for the app) is in the side-menu.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

1. That's strange, the bot doesn't appear in the "look under the hood" of the sample app, but suddenly shows up when copying it. I would delete the bot if I were you.

2. That sample app must be really old, it's using an old appsheet UI where share and sync were at the bottom. Sync is now in the top-right, and share (if enabled for the app) is in the side-menu.

That makes sense. Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space