QR Code Scanner

Hi! I'm trying to make an appsheet for attendance time tracker. When the employees log in their time, they will use QR code and scan it into the application. I know this will work on mobile phones, but the question is, is it possible to scan the QR Codes using the webcam on the computer?

0 3 205
3 REPLIES 3

Capture images in a web browser

When an app is run in a web browser on a desktop or laptop, the camera isn't used for image input. Instead, the user is prompted to pick an image from the filesystem.

Some additional info.  I remember reading a post (or two) years ago about being able to scan from a Desktop.  Below is a simple post on that.

Basically, you can't use the camera on the Desktop machine.  However, you can install 3rd party EXTERNAL scanners that will read barcodes and translate it into keyboard input.  So as mentioned in the post,  you would need to place the app cursor into the proper text field and then use the external scanner which should read the code, translate and insert into the app field the resulting value.

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Is-it-possible-to-scan-barcodes-when-the-app/m-...

Top Labels in this Space