Question In regards to Unique ID's on Form Submit

Hi there I am using Qualtrics survey platform to have a user fill out a form. The completed survey populate on a google sheet, which serves as my Appsheet's main data sheet.  So my set up for the sheet is as follows, Column A is reserved by Appsheet as the Key Column, and I assigned the initial value as unique. Qualtrics will drop in new entries using columns B-E. When an entry comes in, Appsheet is not assigning it a Unique ID. Am I doing this correctly, and any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 2 79
2 REPLIES 2

AppSheet can't assign a column's initial value upon row creation if AppSheet doesn't create the row. Try using just the row number as the ID or try generating the ID within the sheet (e.g., via Apps Script).

When AppSheet reads the table it finds the key column empty in the generated rows, so it just cannot see them. Your options are: 

1. Set your key as the row number.
  2. Use a combined key that would generate a unique value, for example a name with a  timestamp. These cannot be empty.
  3. Generate the Keys through sheet automation before it can be read by AppSheet.
Top Labels in this Space