Question about App Speed

I have recently introduced an 8th dataset (a calendar) and also changed to several dashboard views to make use of the tab option in mobile view. The app seems to have slowed down quite a bit. How many datasets are recommended and do the changes Iโ€™ve made often lead to slower performance or has the app maybe just gotten too big? Thoughts?

0 4 342
4 REPLIES 4

Have you checked what the Performance profile us saying about details? You can find it from Manage > Monitor > Performance profile.

@Aleksi Yes. The Performance Profile did not show any recommendations. I had completed those earlier. Also consulted the documentation however nothing jumped out at me. The vast majority of my app takes place in 3 tables > Companies that can have many Service Locations that can have many Service Location Repairs.

Didnโ€™t know if you might have any suggestions such as combining data sets into one file with multiple sheets or certain views that might be heavy on resources. Sync times are not an issue for me. It is the latency/ time from selecting a record to the time it takes to display a record that seems very sluggish to me. I donโ€™t have any โ€œexpensiveโ€ expressions that I know of.

I have a number of display names if that makes a difference.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The number of datasets isnโ€™t nearly as significant as the size of the datasets and the complexity of the relationships between them.

Impossible to know with the information youโ€™ve given here.

Possible.

Any time performance becomes a recurring issue, the very first thing to look at is virtual columns. Virtual columns are the #1 cause of performance problems.

Thank you. The tip on virtual columns is very helpful.

Top Labels in this Space