Question about amount of data

Dear Sirs:

We have an application that will have a large amount of data. We would like to know what you recommend if we have all the Google Sheets in a single file or make a file for each sheet. With the finality that the application is not slow.

0 6 189
6 REPLIES 6

There is no concrete Yes or No answer for this and other performance related questions because there are multiple underlying factors.

On this subject, you may want to take a look at the below help article.

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106507?hl=en

I am  currently working on a app. @999 Columns it basically said it was too many and I had to cut it back. Now that was for 1 table. Having multiple tables may be easier to handle in a sense. 

Would love to know why your table has 999 (or more!) columns in a single table.

Training questions, Then each question has 2 changestamps 1 useremail, and 1 comment. So when a question is answered "Trained" It inserts a time stamp, Then when changed to "certified" it records the time and then the users email. If question is "Delayed" It has a required comment box why. So each question has about 5 columns total. I had 6 to record the "Trained" users email but it was too many lol. 

Wow!

Have you considered restructuring it so the questions are rows rather than columns?

I was thinking it But some questions only show for certain roles and then I am going to add some VC to get some percentages for completed training. 

Top Labels in this Space