Quick Edit Table - Date Field

Hello there!

I am interested to understand if I am missing something regarding the user's experience within a table that has quick edit enabled. 

When utilizing quick edit table a user expected to enter a date into a date type field. When doing so a small calendar icon is present within the field "cell" on each row; however, this calendar icon is not interactive, and provides no additional functionality - from what I can tell. 

Based on User testing, individuals are confused by the icon. Is there a way to either remove the calendar icon on the quick edit table? Am I missing something to enable that icon's functionality? It seems like the calendar icon is prompting a calendar pop-up so users can use the calendar to select a date rather than typing it in.

I would prefer to leave the icon and have it open a calendar popup to select the desired date.

I appreciate any assistance!

appsheetcalendar.png

0 5 236
5 REPLIES 5

On an iOS mobile device, it does indeed open a Calendar control.  It appears that maybe this is Table QuickEdit issue in the browser.   It should open the Calendar control just as it does in a Form View.

And, to be a little nit-picky, the calendar icon is mis-aligned in both the mobile and browser Table QuickEdit views.

IMG_FD5F7DC5667B-1.jpeg

Escalated.

Thanks for the responses. If it helps the issue is consistent across many devices, but all are running Chrome as the web browser. Chrome Version: 102.0.5005.63 

Hello, thanks for bringing this to our attention! I've created a ticket for this so we can track this internally and we will reprioritize the work accordingly.

Curious if this ever got addressed?  I believe I am still seeing the issue (at least in Desktop mode)

EDIT:  After further review, I guess it is working, its just an extremely awkward positioning of the mouse necessary.  You gotta hover over the blank space between the date and the calendar icon (see below).  Surely that can't be as intended?

DateIssue.gif

Top Labels in this Space