Quiz/Training App?

Hello,

Is it possible to build a Quiz/Training for students? I have not found any sample that performs this. Iโ€™m having a hard time even to make โ€œpagesโ€ inside of each other / cascades / sub-menus.

What I want to do:

1. Menu with different options to select the content
  2. Tutorial in video and text
  3. Quiz/test to select from different possible answers
  4. Memorize score to compare evolution from each user

There are more details but this is whatโ€™s essential.
Thanks in advance!

Solved Solved
0 6 1,413
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well the only grouping youโ€™ll see with that data set is for items 9 through 20 where they all have the same โ€œMain Menuโ€, which is a blank string. Everything else is all unique.

But that still doesnโ€™t explain the view in the emulator in the 2nd screenshot. Are you sure youโ€™re editing the right view? Did you save the changes?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Can someone please explain me how to simply make the chosen item on a menu open an other menu?
I canโ€™t find this simple task explained anywhere.

3X_e_0_e02a99b63af20a2b7d9e528da1cc6fc50b0d5933.png

One of multiple ways.

Thanks for your help, but Iโ€™m struggling to make it work.
Here is the sheet:
3X_5_c_5c5dfd82f68835fb2351a8cdf0f844a87f199d8e.png

Here you can see I obtain only a list and not a menu - when clicking an item there is no second pile of options to select (sub menu):

What am I doing wrong?
Iโ€™m generally lost, this platform hasnโ€™t clicked for me yet. I find it very confusing and I have worked with AppInventor which is supposed to be more code than this.

Well the only grouping youโ€™ll see with that data set is for items 9 through 20 where they all have the same โ€œMain Menuโ€, which is a blank string. Everything else is all unique.

But that still doesnโ€™t explain the view in the emulator in the 2nd screenshot. Are you sure youโ€™re editing the right view? Did you save the changes?

Are you a life-saver or what?
It finally made sense to me, thank you for your precious help.

However, I dismissed the โ€œmenu itemโ€ column (I donโ€™t know why you included it) and the โ€œcategory 2โ€ in โ€œGroup byโ€ because it was giving me further steps before I got to the final content.

Now I wonder how to change the name of the header because it always says โ€œMenuโ€ and I want it to say the present step in the navigation. I guess it must be because the view is โ€œMenuโ€ so probably I will have to make different views to each step in order to achieve this. But I havenโ€™t learned yet how to make navigation pass from one view to another.

I also want to put images between text. I guess it will demand separating the text into more columns with image columns in between?

And how to get rid of that โ€œAllโ€ row in the main menu?

This can be changed here:

You are correct that you wonโ€™t be able to dynamically change this based on the level of grouping youโ€™re in, Youโ€™d have to go between different UX Views to do that.

This will utilize the โ€œRow Selectedโ€ behavior in a view. Youโ€™ll need to create an action of type โ€œgo to another viewโ€ with a LINKTOVIEW (or similar) expression.

What do you mean by this?

I donโ€™t believe you can, with view Grouping.

Check out this sample app:
https://www.appsheet.com/samples/The-app-demonstrates-how-to-dynamically-change-views-based-on-row-s...

Top Labels in this Space