REF same Table

I often find myself in front of customers who have more than one VAT number and company name. After entering each of his companies as a row of the CUSTOMER table, I have to keep track of their "union", especially in the future to obtain aggregate reports and data.
So I was thinking of creating a column of type enumlist [linked_customer], that ref the same CUSTOMER table.

But the dropdown list in CUSTOMERS form  view is blank. 

Does it happen because it refers to the same table? Is there an alternative way to deal with this situation?

(i've tried also to remove the valid_if condition, but nothing changed)

2022-08-11 12_51_23-Window.png

2022-08-11 12_52_26-Window.png

2022-08-11 12_52_44-Window.png

Solved Solved
0 4 123
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Instead of reference etc. , are you not able to group by customer name, something like below?

Sample Customer table:

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1660220772984.png

View solution in original post

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@bolognesiedalla wrote:

Does it happen because it refers to the same table? Is there an alternative way to deal with this situation?

When you configure a column of type Enum or EnumList with a base type of Ref, AppSheet does not automatically generate the list of existing references. This behavior is different from that of a column of type Ref.

To get a list of existing references when using Enum or EnumList, use Valid If.

Drop-down from Valid_If - AppSheet Help

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Instead of reference etc. , are you not able to group by customer name, something like below?

Sample Customer table:

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1660220772984.png

Yes it may be an idea to insert a grouping column. Thank you!!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@bolognesiedalla wrote:

When you configure a column of type Enum or EnumList with a base type of Ref, AppSheet does not automatically generate the list of existing references. This behavior is different from that of a column of type Ref.

To get a list of existing references when using Enum or EnumList, use Valid If.

Drop-down from Valid_If - AppSheet Help

Thanks Steve. in fact I changed the formula to:

SELECT(AZIENDE[IDAZIENDA],[IDAZIENDA]<>[_THISROW].[IDAZIENDA])

Top Labels in this Space