RESET ON EDIT when a Quick Column change value

I’m noticing that the RESET ON EDIT doesn’t work when a Quick Column change value.
Is this an expected behaviour?

0 4 585
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Can you explain what specific behavior you expect that isn’t occurring?

Hi @Steve
I have a [Control_Column] that change when a [Option_Column] is edited (using RESET_ON_EDIT, and INITIAL_VALUE formula)
The [Option_Column] is changed by the user on a Detail_View, and is setted as a QUICK_EDIT_COLUMN
So when the user change the value of the [Option_Column] the RESET_ON_EDIT doesn’t update the [Control_Column]

Thanks

I understand (I believe) your situation because I've been looking for a similar solution and believe I've found it.
Of course years later, hopefully this helps someone else.
In the dependent drop down explanation here, They use an example for the relationship between the dropdowns written as: IN( [_THIS], SELECT(Regions[Country], [_THISROW].[Lead Region] = [Region])) 

This is said to be the process appsheet follows to connect the dropdowns automatically when using the validity statement Regions[Country]

If you wrap that type of validy statement with a not() expression like so:
not(IN( [_THIS], SELECT(Regions[Country], [_THISROW].[Lead Region] = [Region])) ) and place it within the reset on edit if? for the same column, it changes once the validity doesn't match the dependent dropdown selection. 

I am using a quick edit dropdown filter and it's working beautifully!

WOW.

This is a very powerful tip.

1. This has unlocked quick edit for me as different feature than I had understood
  2. I'm going back through all my validation to see where I have used complicated workarounds to achieve this
  3. I'm going to reconsider how I have handled every form for editing, and see if I can transition them to detail + quick edit.

@dauvo wrote:

Of course years later, hopefully this helps someone else.

You succeeded, thank you. I have not seen this information anywhere else - maybe I missed it, but this feels like it should be a staple of Quick Edit.

Top Labels in this Space