REST APIs no longer work on our system since April 16, 2024.

Good morning

The REST APIs no longer work on our system since April 16, 2024.

Settings

• At the application level, in the settings,
  • in the Integrations section,
  • in the "IN:from cloud services to your app" tab, the "enable" button is now FALSE.
    I can't set it back to TRUE.

The warning message
Applied Policy "Workspace AppSheet Core security violation": Automatically set [EnableAPI] to 'N'

I have an Appsheet Core License.
Is this a side effect of the April 16 update regarding Appsheet Organizations ? I thought this update only concerned Enterprise Licenses.

Thank you for your help and advice

0 9 185
9 REPLIES 9

I think they may be starting to apply what I have tell others many times before. The API was open to all plans by MISTAKE, it was always an Enterprise feature.

I'll take my popcorn and see how they solve it.
@MultiTech 

@Christophe_Boul wrote:

Is this a side effect of the April 16 update regarding Appsheet Organizations ? I thought this update only concerned Enterprise Licenses.

Most likely

• Check your account and see if there's a way for you to access the "Applied Policy" and change it.

@SkrOYC wrote:

The API was open to all plans by MISTAKE, it was always an Enterprise feature.

I believe the original intention was this, but due to logistical reasons it's actually a necessity that all accounts have this.

How can I integrate Zapier if the API isn't turned on for your app?

When you review the features on the pricing table, I've not found anything about "External Services" or something like that.

MultiTech_0-1713373145012.png

Maybe this one...

MultiTech_1-1713373194430.png

And it's included in core, not starter.

________________________________________________________________________________

So by necessity this feature needs to be available to the most common license type: core. 

Hi there,

Thank you for your answers and your suggestions.

I contact my internal Google administrator and our integrator service provider.
I will communicate to you the results of our investigations.

But if I have to deactivate the Appsheet security setting it will cause unacceptable security problems in my company. I'm afraid my integration scripts Appscript will be thrown in the trash!
My data integration is going to get very, very complicated if I have to use the basic Google Sheet APIs!

Thanks a lot

@MultiTech wrote:

Maybe this one...

MultiTech_1-1713373194430.png

And it's included in core, not starter.

That's for the automation side of AppSheet, not to open it to be used from outside using the AppSheet API

Invoke the API - AppSheet HelpSkrOYC_0-1713458551182.png

The fact that this can be used outside Enterprise has always been a mistake that I think they are afraid to fix because it will break so many setups already working under the premise that it has been working on other plans.

I think they should officially open it to other plans or make it an add-on so that Core users are not pushed to Enterprise to keep using it.

For this single reason, I have never used the API in any Core project ever

Thank you SkrOYC for this alert, it worries me a little.
Thank you also MultiTech, that reassures me... a little.

But I found this in the AppSheet documentation:

Boul_0-1713470161712.png

Hmm I don't really have a choice now, am I going to take this risk

SkrOYC_1-1713473069580.png"IN: from cloud services to your app" derives you to "Enable the API", where it says it's an Enterprise feature.

The "External services" are things that are always enabled by default in the AppSheet ecosystem for the normal use of the platform and not the AppSheet Rest API.

To be honest, I don't want they to block the API from Core, rather this needs some clarification so that people like you can work on this with a clear picture of it and not thinking everything could stop working  suddenly because of a fixed mistake

Thank you SkrOYC for your warning and your vigilance.
I totally agree.

Top Labels in this Space