RUNNING BALANCE PER CLIENT

I have a appointment based clinic, where i give the option to the clients to pay upfront for future appointments, so i need to  implement a running balance per client, i would like to know, how and if itยดs possible to implement this, given the settings in which my app is currently working
I have a table in which i have the name of the client, and add the payment in the same table.
Can this be doable without bots?
thanks

0 2 54
2 REPLIES 2

Yes.  At a minimum, I would recommend using 2 tables:

1)  Clients table - all the usual client information PLUS a Payments Balance column
2)  Payments table - all the normal payment details PLUS a Client column that is a Ref to the Clients table.  Set the "Is part of" to ON in the Client column

With this setup, you will be shown a Client Form an inline table where you can enter the Payments under a Client record -- if you wish.

Additionally, each Client record will automatically be given a "Related Payments" column.  You can then assign a simple expression to the Payments Balance column like this:  SUM([Related Payments][Amount])

I understand you probably have other tables for invoicing and other cash flow items - so the tables described above may not be complete and there are other tables involved.  But you can follow the same construct for those and get other Balance columns in the Clients table.  Then use those to derived the Total Running Balance.

I hope this helps!

I have a similar business and would use three tables for this: Client, Payments, and Appointments. In the Client table, I use a virtual column with some version of:

SUM([related payments][quantity]) - COUNT([related appointments]) which would give you a running total of the current balance for each client. I personally prefer to have a bot add appointments from my Google Calendar to my Appointment table for me each day, so I don't have to do any of that myself. I add payments manually to make sure they're all correct. 

Top Labels in this Space