Reading Value from Unrelated Table

Hello All..

I have an App with 2 tables.  There is a table (MasterData) with all of the relevant App data.  Then there is an unrelated table (AppSettings - single row table) that I am hoping to store some "Global" variables in.  

I am trying to create a "Slice" of the MasterData table and using a value from the "Appsetting" table. I was hoping that I could use something similar to "dot notation" to refer to the AppSettings table but maybe there is another way.  I can't find any examples of how to do this so wondering if you have any ideas..

RoryF_0-1644092763440.png

Thanks,

RoryF

Solved Solved
0 2 35
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If AppSettings is ALWAYS going to be a single row table then you can simply do this:

Any(AppSettings[Column You want])

AppSettings[Column You Want]  returns a list of values from the [Column You Want].  Since there is only a single row, you would get back a LIST of 1 value.  The Any() function returns the first value in the list, in this case the only value.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If AppSettings is ALWAYS going to be a single row table then you can simply do this:

Any(AppSettings[Column You want])

AppSettings[Column You Want]  returns a list of values from the [Column You Want].  Since there is only a single row, you would get back a LIST of 1 value.  The Any() function returns the first value in the list, in this case the only value.

Perfect.. exactly what I was looking for..

RoryF_0-1644099062592.png

Many Thanks,

RoryF

Top Labels in this Space