Receiving Google Calender notifications from event created from Appsheet

My app is successfully linked to a shared Google Calendar. I can create events from Appsheet no problem, and it looks no different on the Google Calendar from other events created from the Calendar app.

My problem is that Appsheet-created events won't send notifications to the user through the Calendar app, but Calendar-created events works fine. It seems the default calendar notification settings don't apply to Appsheet-created events. How do I make it so it does?

For context, this is on the free version. I would imagine that Google Calendar could still push notifications if it has an event even if Appsheet can't with the free version. 

Solved Solved
0 6 559
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've figured out why it wasn't pushing notifications on Google Calendar. The notifications in Google Calendar app was set for All-Day events. When appsheet creates the event, it isn't an All-Day event, so the notification doesn't apply.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Just_a_noobie wrote:

Appsheet-created events won't send notifications to the user through the Calendar app,

If by notifications you mean notifications in the mobile device, you could configure AppSheet automation of sending notifications when a record is added to the Google calendar table.

Send a notification from an automation - AppSheet Help

I understand I can do that. The client is hoping to get notifications through Google calendar, since the event is available and clearly there in the Calendar app.

Do the Appsheet-created events differ from Calendar-created events? There's nothing different as far as I can see on the surface.

Edit: typo

I've figured out why it wasn't pushing notifications on Google Calendar. The notifications in Google Calendar app was set for All-Day events. When appsheet creates the event, it isn't an All-Day event, so the notification doesn't apply.

Excellent. Thank you very much for the update.

Were you able to get google calendar to send notifications for events created in appsheet?

Hi, xpmen. Sorry I missed your message. I created another question after realizing the events aren't All-day. It also lists my current work-around. Please let us know if you ever figured out a better way. 

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/How-to-you-make-a-Google-Calendar-event-an-actu...

Top Labels in this Space